Spirulina Honey Brightening Face Mask
Spirulina, the popular superfood, is a great addition to create a nutrition rich smoothie or juice to carry on the go. Along with its support to one’s inner well being, spirulina also holds anti-inflammatory and anti-aging benefits for the skin and hair. The antioxidants found in this quaint seaweed are four times the amount found in most berries! Moreover, it can help boost skin tone and complexion, leaving you with a beautiful, sought-after glow.
Spirulina can help fight acne breakouts, promote hair growth, and stronger nails. It contains almost every known antioxidant–Vitamin C, E, B1, B5 and B6, zinc, manganese, copper, beta-carotene...the list goes on. These vitamins and minerals help fight free radicals, eliminate toxins from the skin and increase the skin’s ability to regenerate. Raw honey is heals the skin, is anti-septical, antifungal and antimicrobial. It also gently exfoliates the skin, brightening and evening out the skin tone.
Here is a ludicrously simple mask to benefit all skin types;
- 1 tablespoon spirulina powder
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- Cleanse your face well before applying the mask. Mix the two ingredients until you have a smooth paste.
- Apply with fingertips on the face and neck.
- Leave the mask on for 20 minutes and wash off with warm water.
- Moisturize with a hydrating serum or face cream after.
What are your favorite beauty hacks with Spirulina? Let us know in the comments.