Ayurveda in Summer
Here you can find three super refreshing and delightful ayurvedic recipes that will help keep your body cool and doshas in balance during the hot summer!
- ½ cup basil
- 2 inches of fresh ginger
- 1 whole lime
- 2 tsp raw sugar
- Use a fine grater to make approximately 1 teaspoon of lime zest. Proceed to juice the limes. Then chop the ginger into small chunks.
- Add 1 cup of water to a blender with the prepared ginger, lime juice, lime zest, raw sugar and a small handful of fresh basil leaves. Blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Combine the ginger-lime juice with an additional 3 cups of water in a pitcher. Garnish this concoction with fresh basil. Chill and serve.
- To add a bit of flair, salt the rim of your glasses! This also adds a nice tangy flavour to the drink.
Quinoa With A Flourish
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup cilantro
- 2 whole limes
- 2 tbsp mint
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa
- ¼ cup raw red onion
- 1 tsp mineral salt
- Boil the quinoa in 2 cups of water for 15 minutes until it is soft.
- Finely chop the other ingredients
- Mix everything and chill to serve.
Bananas With a Twist
- 1 cup sliced bananas
- 2 large pinches of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of ghee
- (Optional) 2 pinches of dried ginger
- For the best results, deep fry the banana in ghee. However, you can also sautee them in ghee (toss lightly to avoid squashing the banana)
- Sprinkle the fried banana with cinnamon and ginger.